Thursday, July 5, 2012

Everything is Not What it Seems

Today hasn't been the most productive day for art. Actually, I haven't done anything about thinking about art today. I did a lot of watching and observing today. T-shirt designs are more inspiring than you think. So are TLC shows. Hey hey hey! I didn't ask for criticism!

But watching these shows all day really made me think. The press gives a lot of false information about the people on these shows. Or just merely by watching them you judge them based on one act of absurdity. Then you solemnly make a pact with yourself to think of that person as a bad individual and then flip the channel.

So, I'll admit, I was very quick to make judgments about said people. I turned up my nose, exclaiming, "These people are horrible to each other and a bad influence. I don't wanna watch this!" But then after a couple more episodes of the show I was criticizing, and I realized these people weren't so bad. Suddenly I saw them doing nice things for each other, or just having a light and fluffy personality. And I realized they were just like me, and they didn't deserve any more harsh, or better, treatment than I do. I realized under all those camera lights there was a regular human just like me. And once I realized that I enjoyed those shows.

So life lesson for me today is people are too quick to judge, especially me. So please, try not to judge someone based upon what they did or their appearance. How can we possibly judge the future? We are not master of time, or master of people. And since I couldn't sum up how I feel about the human race any better, I end with a quote.

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
--Anne Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment