Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Little Yeller Book

Hello friends, it seems as though we meet again. How was your weekend? Mine was pleasurable and chock-full with artsy-fartsiness! (In case you haven't noticed, I make up words...)

I did a lot of painting with acrylics, some with watercolor, and even some with crayon! And also, I did a lot of entries in my brand-spanking new art journal!

Yeah, yeah, you've heard about it before, but I want to tell you all about it- maybe you can visualize (I won't post pictures for lack of camera).

Okay- it's a paper-bound, about 5 by 7, filled with gobs of pages sketchbook with creme pages! I love it to death!

Okay, so how did I get it? I went to the Museum of Modern Art in NYC recently, and something just sparked in me. I fell in love with oil paintings, and fell madly in love with Picasso and this other guy I can't remember the name of... But I'll tell you sometime, I wrote it down I promise! So, they had a lot of artsy stuff in the gift shop- and I knew I had to *cough* invest in something there. So, waaaay in the back in a bucket was this little fragile book just screaming for someone to buy it, so I did.

When I got home, I painted the cover with all my favorite colors in a big splochy manner. Then I told myself, "There has to be a quote by someone that is the perfect introduction to this quest!" So, naturally, I found one in ten minutes. It went like this. "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story." -Maya Angelou. This explained the purpose of this book to a T! I want to tell a story with my art.

So I gessoed the pages and started my journey! I will post pictures every so often. :) (I won't even begin to rant about how the pages were so thin I had to paste like ten together...)

Thanks for listening!!!

~Tei

No comments:

Post a Comment